Monday, March 26, 2012

Color Club Electro Midnight Magnetic Polish Review, Swatch, and Video Demo! (and a cat)

Hi everyone!
I snagged a Color Club Magnetic polish today at Harmon's... Is it sad that as soon as I walked in, a girl working there said "Oh hi! We got some new nail polishes in!"? I think that makes me a "regular"....a regular nail polish hoarder, that is. Magnetic polishes are all the rage lately, with brands ranging from Claire's to Deborah Lippmann getting in on the trend. I haven't purchased any yet because I haven't seen any colors that really caught my eye. Well, no more! I absolutely love blue polish (I probably have more blue in my stash than anything else) and Electro Midnight is a gorgeous, deep navy. Just my kind of color.
I also recorded a video demo of it, which I will share below. Be kind please! :o) I've never made a video before, and I have learned a couple of things from doing it: I have the voice of a five year old, and I am a huge nerd. Oh wait a second, I knew those things already!
Well, here we go! Stay tuned for a special appearance by Milo.



As you can see in the clip, the polish applies like a dream. Utterly opaque in one coat. I need more practice with the magnet to get a consistent design, but the magnet itself seems pretty strong. The little "thingy" on the lid was quite helpful to steady my finger near the magnet (once I figured out what it was for!)

Here is a photo of this gorgeous polish.. Just ONE coat! If you haven't gotten a magnetic polish yet, give it a try! They're pretty fun :o)



Hope you enjoyed the review, let me know what you think below!
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased this polish myself for review :o)

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color! I've been wanting to try a magnetic polish! Heard iffy things about them. I will have to look for this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i'm surprised at how opaque it is after that single coat. and it doesn't seem too difficult to use. and yes, i'm happy i watched it all for the Milo cameo! great job, Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vid! You're adorable. So's the cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your very sweet comments everyone! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these magnetic polishes look crappy (eh hem China Glaze), but this one looks so AWESOME!!! I think I might try these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. not really into the whole magnetic nail thing, but WOW that's a gorgeous color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty. I got some magnetics off of ebay from a no name...well let's just say they were kinda crappy. oh well. lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis