Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My first Artsy Wednesday!

This week, I joined a really stellar group of bloggers for the weekly Artsy Wednesday nail art challenge! Each week, there is a different theme. This time, we were supposed to create a manicure inspired by a movie. I chose Kill Bill Vol. 1!
The manicure was inspired by the jumpsuit worn by the main character, The Bride. This jumpsuit was in turn inspired by one originally worn by Bruce Lee in his final film, Game of Death. DOUBLE movie inspiration!!

A little gruesome, I know.. but have you seen the movie? It's gruesome, too... and totally rad! This was a really fun mani to do.. I used Milani One Coat white as a base coat,  Sinful Color's Let's Meet (yellow), Essie Licorice (Black) and Wet n' Wild Red Red for the blood splatter. I taped off the black lines, and did the splatter freehand using a bobby pin.
What do you think?
Thanks so much for reading, and please check out the movie manicures (and awesome blogs!) from the other bloggers participating in Artsy Wednesdays!



All the best,
Jessica



19 comments:

  1. You Picked a Baddass Movie :)) & the Manicure to Match! Welcome to the team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Def one of my all time fave movies feat chicks kicking ass & yr art captured that perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all welcome - and you mani is striking and eye catching, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aawesome! Rad movie and rad nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super cool I love the blood splat lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your kind comments! I was happy with how this manicure turned out :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kill Bill, this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the blood splatter. Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job! Kill Bill is a fav. of mine too! Love the blood splatter and you captured that yellow exact!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! LOL I'm glad you noticed the yellow, I did a lot of experimenting before I found the right one..

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing :D how exactly did you splatter with a bobby pin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the round tip of the bobby pin, I drew and dotted with the red polish to create the "splatters" :)

      Delete
  12. ahhh that really works! and it suits u... yellow looks AWFUL on me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this! I loved the movie and this looks just like it! Very graphic looking! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis