Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Shoes!

Its Wednesday again, and that means it is time for another nail art challenge for Artsy Wednesday! This week the challenge was to create a manicure inspired by a pair of shoes that you own. I wanted to do something funky, so I chose one of my most interesting pairs of shoes... custom Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star high tops!
I used Sinful Colors Why Not (It was really a perfect match for the main blue of the shoes!) and Milani White on the Spot for the base, then added decoration inspired by the designs on the shoes using nail art pens and Sally Hansen Parrot. The design on the pinky and ring finger is meant to mimic the contrasting bright green stitching. What do you think? Do you have any shoes that would make great inspiration for a manicure?
Be sure to check out the awesome manicures by the other bloggers participating in Artsy Wednesday!



Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased all products mentioned myself :o)

11 comments:

  1. That is such a funky design, I love it! I used to live in Chucks, until my feet demanded arch support and cushioning, now my feet are spoiled by Adidas Superstars and when I try to put on Chucks they hurt in weird places :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if anyone would do Chucks! Glad you did, great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. again... so clever and such a good representation! girl done goooood! :)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! I love funky nail art, you're so good at this stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nice comments, everyone!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gah, love your shoes. that was me in HS! great job on that mani...i'm inspired to buy shoes like that, actually. but your nails look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's My kinda shoe ;) it's funky & creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my shoes are quite plain or boring, I wasn't inspired by any of them :P I like your shoes and mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a Rockin mani and I love the shoes also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did really well, it's a wonderful interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis