Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My feelings and blog policy on animal testing

Just a quick post to address something that has been a hot topic in the beauty community lately (and for a long time!).. Animal testing. With Estee Lauder and Mac recently deciding to sell in China, where testing cosmetics on animals is required, those companies can no longer be considered cruelty-free.
I just want to let you, my wonderful readers, know that I can not and do not support any company that isn't cruelty free. This means no reviews, swatches, posts, whatever on any companies that test on animals. I respect the opinions and decisions of others, but my heart tells me that I can't use products from a company that engages in such a cruel and unnecessary practice for the sake of sales.
If you ever see a product on this blog that you know not to be cruelty free, please let me know immediately. I will do my research before buying a product, but I am susceptible to human error like anyone else.. so if I get something wrong, or if a company changes its policy and I don't know about it, please give me a heads up. There are so many companies that offer wonderful products in a cruelty-free way, I hope you choose to support them!

I will leave you with some photos of the animals in my life :o)







Thank you so much for reading :o)
All the best,
Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I agree, I'm anti-animal testing when it comes to cosmetics - I mean, what's the worst that can happen if you test it on humans, an itchy wrist for a week? I'm pro-animal testing for drugs though, simply because the side effects can be so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love furkids, yours are so cute.. it really looks like they get along well, the doggies and kitties :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! I grew up on a farm and we were never allowed to name our food animals. We did once and when it was time to eat Ms. Piggy's Bacon we were traumatized! Animals don't belong in tiny cages :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have taken this position. I would definitely like to do the same. Might you have a list or link to a site that list all those companies who don't test on animals? I try to look for the little bunny on the packaging, but I don't know if it isn't used consistently, or if that means animal testing performed when it is not printed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca- here is a good way to search for cruelty free companies: http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx . I don't think that if a company doesn't have the bunny, it means they test on animals. For instance, OPI bottles don't have the bunny, but they do not test on animals. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your thoughts, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis