Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Celebrity-inspired manicure

This week's Artsy Wednesday challenge was to create a manicure inspired by a celebrity. I chose one of the most colorful celebrities ever.. Prince!
image source: threadbombing.com
Using Milani White on the Spot, Deborah Lippmann Private Dancer, Sinful Colors Dream On as well as my trusty Migi nail art pens I created this Prince-themed manicure. As you can see it is rife with Prince references.. purple rain, the unpronounceable symbol, and if you'll look at my pinky finger- This is what it looks like.. when doves cry.


I'm a big Prince fan. I love 80's music and Prince really knows how to bring the drama. 
Be sure to check out the celebrity-inspired manicures from the other ladies participating in Artsy Wednesday: 



Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased all products mentioned myself :o) 

18 comments:

  1. wow... such a fab interpretation! this truly is nail art! go u! :)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is so original and creative! Prince toured Australia recently (or maybe he's still here?) and it's all I've heard about for the past few weeks, everyone who went can't stop raving about it, I wish I went! :( Apparently he dances like a maniac and shakes his ass like he was 20 years younger! My dance teacher cried :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww...i love it that your dance teacher cried! he's something special :)

      Delete
  3. omg, the crying dove! beautiful, jess! in college, i was in a dance class with a girl who's mum dated Prince ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! must have taken ages to outline everything in black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So detailed - so great! I think the symbol himself would love it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! And now we not only know what it sounds like when doves cry we know what it looks like too! Gotta say I lol'd on that one. Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! I really like the dove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah go Prince! Love the nails girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I was just thinking about Prince today! Those are awesome :) I'm a bit of a nail art fine myself :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I was cracking up while I was doing this manicure, it is SO ridiculous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack! This is too cool! On a side note, now I have when doves cry stuck in my head. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis