Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Clash of the Titans! Artsy Wednesday AND Abstract Nail Art Challenge!

Today, due to a rare and massive alignment of the planets.. Artsy Wednesday and the Abstract Nail Art Challenge have fallen on the same day! Providentially, I was able to do a manicure that satisfied the requirements for both. The theme for Artsy Wednesday was "ombre", and the Abstract challenge was to do a manicure using a new-to-you tutorial. So, I used a tutorial from Codename Aya (here) to create an ombre gradient mani! Ta-da!
This is a technique I've never done before.. sponging on a gradient. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was easy to do and I love the look! The polishes I used were Barielle "The Sky's the Limit" and a baby blue frankenpolish I mixed up. Be sure to check out the new tutorial manicures from the other ladies participating in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge:

Sincerely Stephanie
Manicurator

And also please be sure to check out the Ombre manicures from the other ladies participating in Artsy Wednesday (We have a new participant this week, www.kakabeautyblog.com !)


And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what I believe is called "Two birds with one stone".
Haha! Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased all mentioned products myself :)

14 comments:

  1. Pretty, blue/green is one of my favourite combinations! Well done with merging two themes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours! fab! a true ombre! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to go for a swim in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try the ombre nails someday. I love meshing colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colours look great together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, you pulled both posts together brilliantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a spectacular manicure. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really gorgeous. love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow super nice! Thanks for linking to my post <3 You did a reallyyyyy good job :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis