Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Ruffian Manicure

This week's Artsy Wednesday challenge is the Ruffian Manicure, also known as the Reverse French. To achieve this look, I first painted my nails with Barielle's A Bouquet for Ava. I then added a coat of Nail-Venturous Floam, leaving a large gap at the bottom of my nail for the Barielle color to show through. I then topped it all with a coat of Seche Vite to even out the texture. 
I didn't think I was a fan of the Ruffian, but I actually like this look! What do you think? Is this a nail art technique you would try? Be sure to check out the Ruffian manicures from the other ladies participating in the Artsy Wednesday challenge! 


Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica


Disclosure: Some products mentioned were purchased by me, others provided by the manufacturer or their PR. All opinions are my own. 

17 comments:

  1. LOVE this combo!! I would have never thought. Very pretty!
    Where do you buy your Barielle polishes? I've ran around my town looking for it and I an't find it. I'm trying to find a certain color. Never tried them before, but this one color is stunning and I must have it. i'm afraid I'll have to resort to buying online but I'd prefer a store first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found Barielle at various nail salons around town. I would call around and see if anyone carries it. Otherwise Barielle.com is your best bet. Also, sometimes flash sale sites like Hautelook have it once in a while!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, tried Hautelook, but haven't seen the color I'm looking for. I'll probably just end up ordering from the website. I figured it was worth a shot! :o) Thanks, Jess!

      Delete
  2. It has a peacock/mermaid feel to it! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a lovely combination, it matches your blog wall paper perfectly too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of a half moon manicure, I'm adding that to manicures to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely nails!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you used Floam with this! It looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first mani that uses floam that i like!!!! thank you for changing my mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh floam :) how I love thee....great addition to your ruffian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't think I liked ruffian manis either, but now that I tried it I love them! Floam ruffian! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cool!! Love the floam on there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Floam! I totally agree on the ruffian being unexpectedly likeable - I'm not a fan of Frenches, and I find half-moons really fussy, but ruffians are somehow interesting, pretty and not-super-hard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice colours! Loving the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw this is super cute! love the floam! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis