Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Framed Manicure

This week's Artsy Wednesday Challenge was to create a Framed Manicure.. That is, one color framed by another. Here is what I came up with:

I used Rescue Beauty Lounge Poppy as a base, and framed it with Wet n' Wild Black Creme. I taped off the tips before painting them, but then I got a bit lazy (I hate taping!) and freehanded the rest of the black with a small brush. I like the bold, graphic look.. it sort of reminds me of a Mondrian painting! 
What do you think of this manicure?
Be sure to check out the framed manicures from the other ladies participating in Artsy Wednesday:


Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica

12 comments:

  1. really like the colour combo... reminds me of 50 shades! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Caterine, this has a retro vibe to it - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bolt his is very Bold! that's a sper shade of red & the black just reinforces the sharpness if the red! Love it..reminds me of 50 shades as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. *this is very bold! That's a super shade of red.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea- why not cut your tape into rectangles rather than using separate pieces to tape off the edges? I totally get the Mondrian reference, which makes me wonder...could we do Rothko by taping of individual rectangles? Sounds like some work, but you've got me curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the rectangles, but I have to figure out a way to pick up an edge of the tape for removal without messing up the polish, since the tape would be in the center of the nail..

      Delete
  6. ooh this is cool! Love the boldness:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the contrast and it is just so vibrant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love red and black combinations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Jessica - for a lazier route you could stick a big rectangle of tape down the middle and do three sides at once! But I guess I'm an expert at finding the lazy route :P I love the rectangle idea !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis