Monday, August 13, 2012

Beauty for a Cause with Birchbox and Pencils of Promise

Time for the August Birchbox! Birchbox has done themed boxes before, like the Gossip Girl box, or their collaboration with Glamour magazine. This month, however, they have a more philanthropic partnership-  with Pencils of Promise. Pencils of Promise is an organization dedicated to providing education for ALL children, around the globe. Birchbox is donating 15% of all August Sales to the charity, with the goal of raising enough to build a school in South America. The box has a "Back to School" theme, with the inclusion of a "Beauty School" booklet featuring really cute illustrations. Let's check out what was inside the box:


  • .05 oz vial of Viva La Juicy La Fleur perfume
  • Sample jar of Whish Pomegranate body butter
  • 2 1.0 oz packets of Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls lotion
  • 2 oz bottle of DDF Brightening Cleanser
  • Schick Razor
This box is a little lackluster, for me. None of these samples really jump out at me as exciting or high value. Not a stitch of makeup, either, which is a bummer. Last month's box was awesome, so this one is a bit of a letdown. You win some, you lose some! That being said, I appreciate Birchbox's generosity in donating to Pencils for Promise, and hope they sell a lot in the Birchbox shop this month! You can find out more at Birchbox.com
What do you think of the August box?
Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica

4 comments:

  1. its a great thought from birchbx.
    im not subscribed to any boxes though, i dont feel the need lol. i do like the look of that razor though.

    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing as I'm getting! I do like the razor, and the Pillow Soft Curls (that looks interesting) and so does the Whish Body Butter, but we shall see. I don't even have mine, yet. :) (Mine just says I'm getting this on the site)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I got the DDF cleanser. My box was ok though. I just did a blog post on it tonight. Not my favorite box but not the worst either. I'll stick with it.

    Meredith
    nycmakeuplover1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like the exact box i should get. i'm not impressed at all. i'm giving them until the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis