Friday, December 14, 2012

The 2012 Beautygnome Holiday Gift Guide!


The holiday season is well on its way, and one of the most fun things to do in December is find gifts for loved ones. I really dislike random, arbitrary, one-size-fits all gifts, and instead prefer to do a little research and searching to find a special, personalized gift for everyone on my list. I've compiled here a list of interesting gifts I have come across. There is something for everyone here, and I hope it helps you fill in some blanks on your shopping list! :) P.S- you can click the images to enlarge them if you'd like. 


     


For your favorite makeup lover, Lush's Emotional Brilliance collection is a beautiful gift. These fresh, handmade cosmetics deliver intense pigmentation in a rainbow of colors. I especially love the modern, apothecary-inspired packaging. These look so cute on a vanity! There is a wide variety of eye, lip, and face products available to complement every skin tone. These Emotional Brilliance goodies make a really unique makeup gift. 




VTech's  DS6521-2 Connect to Cell™ phone is a great gift for people who only have cell phones and not landlines. It hooks up via bluetooth to your cell phone, so when you're at home and your cell phone rings, so do these two handsets. Its really convenient, I have it in my house. I don't have to run around looking for my cell whenever it rings, as I now have two "house phones" permanently set up in my kitchen and living room.  




These holiday flower halos from That Madonna Girl are an adorable gift for an accessories-loving girl who has it all. They can also be worn as traditional headbands, and these festive holiday editions would be great for a Christmas or New Year's soiree. 




The next item is a bit unusual for a gift guide, but I thought it would make a great gift for a dog owner. K9-GH is a veterinarian-approved anti-aging vitamin supplement for dogs. It has been clinically proven to improve many aspects of a dogs health (skin, hair, energy, sleep, etc). I give it to my dogs and definitely noticed that they are healthier and more energetic. I think it would make a great stocking stuffer for your favorite dog owner. 



If you're looking for a gift that gives back, this beautiful makeup bag from The Children's Art Project fits the bill. Featuring the artwork of a young cancer patient named Noura, proceeds from this bag and all other products on the site go to the programs that benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. 



This baked eye shadow trio and travel brush kit, both from Laura Mercier, make the perfect luxury beauty stocking stuffers. The brush kit is ultra-high quality, I use it all the time whether I'm travelling or not. The baked trio has three perfectly coordinating shades, and can actually fit right in the travel case included with the brush set, making this a great pair of beauty items to gift to someone.   



One thing I love to do for holiday gifts is to create beauty gift baskets with lots of little items tailored to a person's tastes and needs. These Elizabeth Grant Collagen Firming Eye Pads are a fantastic addition to beauty baskets, as they are useful for everyone! I don't know a woman on earth who doesn't have the occasional need to de-puff and rejuvenate tired, stressed eyes.



If you really want to splurge on a luxury gift, take a look at Allibelle's gorgeous line of handbags. Designed in NYC, these handbags are hand-crafted and very on-trend. Take for example this tunnel satchel, with beautiful custom hardware. Allibelle bags are stylish now, but retain a timeless quality thats sure to keep them in your collection for years to come. 





While an electric razor might be a pretty common gift, the sleek design and amazing battery life of the Wahl Lithium Ion model makes it worth mentioning. The heavy-duty stainless steel body and blades means that a drop that would break another razor won't harm the Lithium Ion. 





This next gift is an interesting one. Designed to be worn 23 hours a day (its comfortable, really!), the BodyMedia armband keeps track of a person's steps, heartrate, calories burned, and even how well they sleep. Combined with the connected online journal where you can keep track of your calorie intake, the BodyMedia armband is an effective fitness and weight management tool. 
Even if you aren't trying to lose weight, it is really useful to see your sleep and activity patterns laid out for you so you're armed with knowledge to correct any issues you may have.


I love giving subscriptions as gifts, as it really is the gift that keeps on giving! My favorite beauty subscription service is GLOSSYBOX, where for $21 a month you get a box full of luxury beauty samples. Every month I've subscribed, there have always been at least a couple of full sized products.. its really a fantastic deal, and a great gift. 

If you have a camera buff on your gift list, a great present is a gorgeous, unique camera strap from Capturing Couture. They make a wide range of beautiful camera straps in all different styles, and they are a great way to add some personality to your camera. The padded construction also makes these straps much more comfortable than the ones that usually come standard on a camera. 



I had to include these "Good Dog" collars from The Life of Riley that I found at the Chelsea Market in NYC recently.. they are just so cute! I already bought one as a gift for a friend of mine and her adorable dog. I love the aesthetic of these collars.. adorable! 





I hope you've gotten some good ideas! 
Thank you so much for reading. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm іt seеms like уour blog ate
    mу firѕt cоmment (іt wаs supeг long) so
    Ӏ guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly еnjoying yοur blοg.
    I as ωell am an аspiring blog blοgger
    but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers? I'd ceгtainlу apprecіate it.


    Αlsο visіt my ωebpаge: can't believe it
    My webpage: referrals

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! No spam please :)

ShareThis